Saturday, August 25, 2012

Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

 

 

From: Jeba [mailto:d.jebasingh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:27 PM
To: 'd.jebasingh.jessica@blogger.com'
Subject: Psalm 1:3 – That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither

 

 

Praise the Lord!

 

 

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

 

 

 

The yoke was the part of a plow that two oxen fit their heads into in order to pull the plow forward. The picture that Jesus paints here is of a yoke where He is on one side and we are on the other, and He is doing most of the pulling. This means that when we feel a heavy burden and everything seems hard, we could be pulling a yoke that doesn’t have Jesus on the other side-we are doing most of the pulling. So if you feel weary and burdened, come back to Jesus and learn from Him, for you are bearing burdens that you were never meant to bear.

 

 

 

For more spiritual thoughts, please visit

www.tamilarticle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment